FROSTBURG — An accidental fire just before 7 a.m. Tuesday destroyed a storage building on Clifton Terrace Lane in the area of Rifle Range Road, according to the Allegany County 911 Center.
Frostburg, Shaft, Grantsville, LaVale and Eastern Garrett volunteer firefighters responded to the incident that was first reported to the Garrett County emergency center in a 911 call.
Units were alerted at 6:49 a.m. with initial reports from the scene indicating the structure had burned to the ground. No injuries were reported, according to the 911 center.
The fire was first reported by a passerby, officials said.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office reported that the accidental fire originated in the interior of the 40-by-60-foot storage building owned by Roy Troutman.
The loss was estimated at $25,000 to the structure and $60,000 in contents. The building contained a backhoe, motor home, boat and a dump truck, according to investigators Jamie Rodeheaver and Edward Ernst of the fire marshal’s office.