Cumberland Times-News

January 15, 2013

Brief evacuation at Bishop Walsh school - 01/16


Cumberland Times-News

— CUMBERLAND — A strong odor of natural gas inside Bishop Walsh Middle-High School prompted a temporary evacuation of staff and students at the school just before 8 a.m. Tuesday.

The Allegany County 911 center said a gas leak was located in the kitchen area of the school and was stopped by Columbia Gas personnel who responded along with the Cumberland Fire Department.

Students and staff who were evacuated to the school grounds were allowed to return to the building at 8:16 a.m. to resume the school-day schedule, according to the emergency center.