Cumberland Times-News

March 10, 2014

McHenry garage damaged by fire - 03/11

Cumberland Times-News

— MCHENRY — An accidental fire Saturday damaged a detached residential garage at 6467 Sang Run Road, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Investigator J. Rodeheaver reported the 2:41 p.m. fire at the Greg and Robin Carr property caused a loss estimated at $20,000 to the garage and $50,000 to its contents.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental due to a “mechanical failure in equipment,” according to the fire marshal’s office.

The blaze originated in the interior of the structure and was discovered by a passer-by.

Forty volunteer firefighters from Deep Creek, Accident, Bittinger and Friendsville took 25 minutes to control the fire.