Cumberland Times-News

March 11, 2014

Fire leaves Garrett man homeless - 03/12


Cumberland Times-News

— FRIENDSVILLE — An accidental fire Tuesday morning left a Friendsville man homeless, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

Robert Pavor lived in the single-story, wood-framed home owned by Mary Jane Tabor at 6842 Friendsville Road. It took 30 volunteer firefighters a half-hour to bring the fire under control, the fire marshal’s office said.

A wall electrical outlet in an interior utility room malfunctioned and ignited nearby combustibles, causing $30,000 in damage to the home and $20,000 to its contents.

The fire was discovered by a passer-by at 9:04 a.m.

The fire marshal’s office was assisted by Maryland State Police. Responding fire companies included Friends-ville, Deep Creek, Accident, Bittinger, Oakland and Addison, Pa.