LAVALE — An accidental fire caused an estimated $500 in damages to a residence at 1026 National Highway early Wednesday afternoon, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.
The 1:10 p.m. fire at the property of Randy Trumble stemmed from heat from construction work on piping that ignited nearby combustibles. The fire originated in the basement ceiling of the two-story wood frame home, according to Deputy State Fire Marshal Ryan Chapman.
The fire was discovered by contractors working on the house and was controlled within 15 minutes of the arrival of firefighters, according to the fire marshal’s office.
An estimated 20 volunteer firefighters from LaVale, Cresaptown, Bowling Green and Corriganville responded upon alert by the Allegany County 911 Center.