Cumberland Times-News

November 30, 2013

Lonaconing home declared total loss - 12/01


Cumberland Times-News

— LONACONING — An accidental electrical fire at 29 Robin St. on Thursday resulted in a total loss to the home owned by Charles Colmer, ac-cording to Good Will Volunteer Department Deputy Chief Gary Holshey.

No one was home when the fire originated in the bedroom, Holshey said. Damages were estimated at $70,000 to the residence and $30,000 to the contents by the Office of the State Fire Marshal, Holshey said.

A total of 100 firefighters from Lonaconing, Midland, Barton, Shaft, Westernport, Bloomington, Clarysville, Frostburg and LaVale responded to the 1:33 p.m. blaze and were on the scene for about three hours.

No one was injured. The American Red Cross was contacted to assist the family.