Cumberland Times-News

Police Log

December 4, 2012

City apartment damaged by fire - 12/05

CUMBERLAND —  An accidental fire caused extensive damage to a second-floor apartment at 416 Paca St. late Tuesday morning. There were no injuries, according to the Cumberland Fire Department.

The apartment occupants, Greg Foreman and Jennifer Genovesi, were not at home when the fire occurred.

Twenty city firefighters, directed by Capt. Tim Growden, controlled the fire within 10 minutes. Ridgeley and Bowling Green volunteer firefighters assisted.

Damage was estimated at $15,000 to the structure and $5,000 to its contents. The property is owned by Donald and Rosemarie Heinlein, who discovered the fire while working on a downstairs apartment. The structure was insured but there was no insurance to cover the contents.

City Fire Marshal Lt. W. Shannon Adams said the fire was caused by “an electrical problem with a coffee pot.”  

The fire was confined to the apartment where the fire originated and no other apartments were damaged.

Units were on the scene for more than an hour. Allegany County Fire Police also responded along with Potomac Edison personnel.

Text Only
Police Log