Firefighters from three counties — Allegany, Garrett and Mineral, W.Va. — battled a fire at a building at 16 Broadway in Frostburg late Saturday. The building once housed the city’s magistrate court, said Mayor Robert Flanigan. First-responders reported heavy fire when they arrived at the scene following alert from the Allegany County 911 Center at 8:30 p.m. The fire was reported to be under control at 9:40 p.m. A state fire marshal began his investigation into the blaze about 10:20 p.m., when the fire was reported out. At least two victims were taken from the scene for treatment at the Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. The American Red Cross was called to assist residents who lived in the building. Further information was not available late Saturday. See Monday’s Times-News for complete coverage.
- Latest News
- Bosley returns as Southern's head coach
- City seeks superstar nominations
- Oakland motorcyclist in critical condition
- City native earns Senatorial Medal of Freedom
- Repairs planned for Braddock Run behind Lions field
- Roads closed for weekend hill climb
- A boy and a bass
- After more than six weeks, lawmakers compromise on veterans health progam
- 10 things to know for today
- W.Va. board to meet this week to discuss dangerous animals
- Sports Poll
Although many Cumberland streets are in need of repair and improvements, the decision by city and county officials to address Greene Street is a good one.
- Why are fair officials targeting firefighters?
- Here’s a time when W.Va. law took precedence over Md. law
- Citizens don’t want Terrapin Run; remove it from the plan
- Hydrofracking won’t spoil just land of those who consent to it
- McCoole Fire Department’s failure must be investigated
- About time
- What do you think?
- CTN Video