Slideshow: Operation Takedown
The Cumberland Safe Streets Program is conducting a second warrant Initiative to be conducted in combination with citizen cooperation. The Operation Safe Streets Initiative begins now. If you have any information on the whereabouts of any of these individuals please contact the Cumberland Police Department at 301-777-1600, the Allegany County Sheriff’s Office at 301-777-5959 or 301-777-1585, the Maryland State Police 301-729-2101 or Allegany & Mineral Counties Crime Solvers 301-722-4300/Toll Free 1-877-722-4307. The Cumberland Police Department’s Safe Streets Team thanks you in advance for your assistance.
- Times News Video
Work continues on the construction of a gas pipeline in Harmony, Pa., about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh. Dennis Martire, from the Laborers’ International Union, says man-hours of union work on large pipeline jobs in Pennsylvania and West Virginia have increased by more than 14 times since 2008.
Fracking opponents cringe as unions back drilling boom
PITTSBURGH — After early complaints that out-ofstate firms got the most jobs, some local construction trade workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they’re now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale oil and gas boom.
- STILL PICKIN’
- State: County not handcuffed on Terrapin Run
- Survey yields county’s most famous
- W.Va. legislative candidates gearing up for election
- Easter grass
- Fracking opponents cringe as unions back drilling boom
Washington’s Bradley Beal drives past Chicago’s Carlos Boozer on his way to the basket during the opening game of their NBA playoff series Sunday night in Chicago.
Wizards win playoff opener
CHICAGO — Nene dominated with 24 points, Trevor Ariza scored 18, and the Washington Wizards rallied from 13 down to beat the Chicago Bulls 102-93 in their playoff opener on Sunday night.
- Frankfort’s Young breaks school record
- Frostburg men win, earn home tournament game
- Lowery wins two events, sets FSU hammer mark
- Allegany sweeps Harford
- So. Md. takes 2 from Allegany
- Wizards win playoff opener
- Sports Poll
Support Canal classrooms with tax-deductible gift
While your April 17 article (“Park Service opens Canal classrooms,” Page 1A) described this exciting program accurately, your readers may be wondering how they can help support this new educational opportunity for school children in Allegany County.
- Ivan Hall story brings back memories of a unique man
- It’s a secret
- What do we do about those who weren’t criminals after all?
- The first step
- Translations differ, but the message is eternal
- Support Canal classrooms with tax-deductible gift
- What do you think?
There are an estimated 47,000 deceased veterans whose remains are unidentified and unclaimed throughout the U.S. A group of senators and congressmen hope to do something to
bring these men and women some dignity after death.
- Happy Easter
- Odds are good that you didn’t know this
- Trivial questions you don’t have to answer
- Think it’s not a small world? You’re wrong
- No Bambi for you, Mrs. Doe
- Restore them