— Western Correctional Institution inmate Hazard Wilson sews a pillowcase that will be donated to children’s cancer hospitals as Assistant Warden Harry Murphy and Cindy Kerr overlook his work in Cresaptown on Friday. Kerr of the ConKerr Cancer Foundation was visiting WCI to collect 2,000 inmate-made pillowcases. The project was an outgrowth of Murphy’s own cancer battle and his effort to do something for the children who were an inspiration to him.
- Times News Video
Damaged ash trees will be removed
Cumberland’s elected officials on Tuesday evening listened to a state forester talk about diseased ash trees in the city and then gave the go ahead to start felling some of them.
- School board OKs base model design for new Allegany
- High water readiness
- Legislation to bring financial relief to some school districts wins vote on Senate floor
- Mineral Development Authority selects Kevin Clark as new director
- Young engineers
- Damaged ash trees will be removed
Southern takes on Mardela today at 3
Patience is a virtue Southern Garrett head coach Danny Bosley says his West Region champions are in full possession of. It’s how they play their game and it’s how they will approach their second straight appearance in the Maryland 1A girls basketball state tournament today, 3 p.m., when they take on Mardela of Wicomico County in one semifinal at Towson University’s SECU Arena.
- Keyser opens tournament with North Marion at 9:30
- Potomac State drops two more
- ACM loses opener to Lenoir, 3-2
- Sports Roundup - 03/12/2014
- Sports Calendar - 03/12/2014
- Southern takes on Mardela today at 3
- Sports Poll
Everyone talks about jobs, but nobody does anything about them.
Forgive our cynicism, but with another gubernatorial election season upon us, every candidate in the field will be telling Western Marylanders how they plan to create jobs the next four years — and everyone of them is unlikely to deliver.
- Cut off pollution before it reaches the bay
- County paid to help fund Rocky Gap, but wasn’t paid off in sale
- Donating your old bike will help someone who really needs it
- Tea Party Caucus candidate forum scheduled March 16
- GOP runs Supreme Court and House, but Obama’s a dictator?
- Just deliver
- What do you think?
There’s no place like home, or Hagerstown
It took 40 minutes and was an uphill struggle, but in the end Allegany turned what had been a house of horrors into one full of high fives and joyful celebration.
- BJ Curtis fires 795
- If you can sleep well at night, here’s why
- New ‘Cosmos’ debuts on television tonight
- Beatles return us to what might have been
- Gobbler stuff can get crazy
- There’s no place like home, or Hagerstown