Eight-year-olds, from right: Emily Fradiska, Emily Thomas, Allyson Crowe, Gracie Twigg and Katie Richards jump in the air as they practice a cheer Sunday afternoon at the Frostburg State University Cheerleaders’ Cheer-Dance Clinic at the physical education building on the campus in Frostburg. Instructed by FSU cheerleaders, students from first through eighth grades attended the first clinic where they learned new cheers and dances. The participants will join the FSU cheerleaders for the half-time entertainment of the men’s basketball team’s first home game Nov. 17.
This Week's Circulars
LAVALE - Richard Norman Davis, 89, passed Wednesday, Oct. 28, 2020, at Cumberland Healthcare Center. Funeral services conducted at Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A., Cumberland, Monday, Nov. 2, 2020, 1p.m. Receiving hour-prior. Interment in Sunset Memorial Park.
- Cumberland man arrested on child abuse, assault charges
- Michele Martz named UPMC Western Maryland president
- Allegany County reports 95 new virus cases in 7-day span
- Groundbreaking held for tech company's new Frostburg facility
- Maryland ranks ninth for census response
- Dozens wait in line as early voting begins in Maryland
- Firefighters extinguish Maryland Avenue house fire
- Cumberland woman charged after child ingests drugs
- County: Schedule needed for the return of all students to the classroom
- Oakland woman charged in vandalism spree, business burglary