MOUNT SAVAGE — James Robert "Bob" Carder, 90, of Mount Savage, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, at his home. Adams Family Funeral Home, P.A., 404 Decatur St., Cumberland, is handling arrangements. www.AdamsFamilyFuneralHome.com.
This Week's Circulars
CRESAPTOWN — Walker Edmund Huff, 67, passed Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021. Visitation Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A., Cresaptown, Monday, Aug. 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Funeral follows at 1 p.m. Interment Maryland State Veteran's Cemetery, Rocky Gap.
- Just like old times: State title game a Garrett Co. reunion
- Local nursing homes on 'bottom' list for employee COVID-19 vaccinations
- Snowy winter season predicted by Hagerstown Town and Country Almanack
- School board to discuss COVID-19, employee use of social media
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Fire destroys Westernport Redman Club
- CSX locomotive shop fire quickly doused by Cumberland firefighters
- Somerset County woman dies after being hit by car in Myrtle Beach
- Cumberland man allegedly threatens North End residents with handgun
- Rock N Ribs: Saturday concert benefits food bank
- Keyser woman sentenced on federal drug distribution charge
Fire caused extensive damage to a home on Third Street in Keyser, West Virginia, on Thursday, leaving the occupants homeless. Dozens of volunteer firefighters from Keyser and surrounding areas fought the blaze.
Allegany County District Court Judge Erich Bean takes the oath of office administered by Dawne Lindsey, Clerk of the Circuit Court, during a ceremony Friday. Bean, a former county prosecutor, was appointed to the bench last week by Gov. Larry Hogan. He fills a vacancy created by the mandator…
Runners grunt in slow motion as they make their way up a hill at the Potomac Valley Conference, a cross country meet, on Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015 at Frankfort High School.
Southern girls basketball action during the first period on Monday, Feb. 9, 2015 at Southern High School in Oakland. Fairmont Senior High beat the Lady Rams 53-49.
Allegany 76 Propel 66 CUMBERLAND — Darquel Jessie scored 32 points, and Darick Kerns and Mario D’Atri all had double-doubles as Allegany took the steam out of Propel Charter for a 76-66 win Saturday in the F Club Classic at Fort Hill High School.
Saturday December 20, 2014. Salisbury 34 Bishop Walsh 29 Tournament most valuable player Kylee Short scored a game-high 14 points and Brynne Kemp added 10 more for Salisbury as the Elks held off a late rally by Bishop Walsh to win the championship of the Nelson Auto/BioMet Christmas Tourname…
Second quarter action between Fort Hill High School boys varsity basketball team and Bishop Walsh High School at Fort Hill gymnasium Friday, December 19, 2014.
Second quarter action between Mountain Ridge High School girls varsity basketball team and Musselman High School at Mountain Ridge gymnasium Thursday, December 18, 2014.
Second quarter action between Fort Hill High School girls varsity basketball team and Northern Garrett at Fort Hill High School gymnasium Wednesday, December 17, 2014.
A short video clip of the Frankfort vs Southern girls basketball game played Thursday night at Frankfort High School. For game results see Friday's newspaper.