OAKLAND — The two proposed school calendars for 2020-21 presented to the Garrett County Board of Education at its recent meeting can be reviewed at https://www.garrettcountyschools.org/resources/public-information/pdf/calendars/GCPS-Proposed-Calendars-2020-2021.pdf.
MCHENRY — The eighth grade students from Northern and Southern middle schools attended the recent Come to the Table event at Garrett College, which was a celebration of the 150th anniversary of the Periodic Table of Elements.
CRESAPTOWN — McDaniel College senior Jade Enright of Cresaptown conducted summer research at Yale University after being named an Amgen scholar.
CUMBERLAND — The following students from Braddock Middle School were named to the honor roll for the first marking period of the school year:
CUMBERLAND — The 18 sophomores at Fort Hill High School who participate in the Next Generation Scholars program toured Western Maryland Health System recently for career inspiration.
FROSTBURG — Calvin Richards of Hagerstown, a student in Frostburg State University’s physician assistant program, was selected from thousands of PA students across the country as one of 18 to participate in the American Academy of Physician Assistant House of Delegates National Conference in…
ACCIDENT — Garrett County Teacher of the Year Amy Rowan has been selected to present an interactive lecture at the 2020 International Society for Technology in Education conference in June in Anaheim, California.
Being associated with the Toys for Happiness campaign is rewarding. We who comprise Fire and Ice Rods & Customs meet the nicest, kindest people during our weekly gift wrapping opportunities at the Country Club Mall.
• The Allegany College of Maryland Foundation announces that the following students were awarded College Achievement Award scholarships to attend ACM: Sydney Crawford, Frostburg; Allison Cutter, Cumberland; Jessica Farrell, Frostburg; Katelyn Felker, Frostburg; Gavin Hershberger, Cumberland;…
CUMBERLAND — High school seniors across the country who have been impacted by Alzheimer’s disease are invited to share their experiences to raise awareness and have the chance to earn a college scholarship through the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America’s annual Teens for Alzheimer’s Awareness…
FROSTBURG — Mountain Ridge High School announces its honor roll for the first marking period of the school year.
• The West Virginia University School of Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at Potomac State College is accepting applications for fall 2020 admission. The application period spans through Jan. 15, 2020. Acceptance into the program is competitive and spaces are limited to 24 stud…
BALTIMORE — Nearly 150 11th grade students from Maryland Business Roundtable for Education’s Next Generation Scholars program participated in the recent National College Fair, sponsored by the National Association for College Admission Counseling at the Baltimore Convention Center.
FROSTBURG — The Mountain Ridge High School Chapter of the National Honor Society recently held its induction ceremony for the 2019-2020 school year welcoming 70 new members to the organization.
This Week's Circulars
- Zoo holds open house to say goodbye to big cats; owner hopeful animals can stay put
- Lions Center to be sold to Cumberland Chase for new long-term care complex
- ALLEGANY MAGAZINE: 20 Most Fascinating People: Sean McCagh
- Home burns hours after drug raid
- Weapons cache, heroin seized in Williams Road drug raid
- ALLEGANY MAGAZINE: 20 Most Fascinating People: Mckenzie Christopher
- 37 indicted by Mineral County grand jury
- ALLEGANY MAGAZINE: 20 Most Fascinating People: Beth Hilliker
- Cumberland man arrested in sword incident
- Six people in running to be Cumberland Police chief