CUMBERLAND — The Allegany College of Maryland Foundation announces area students who were awarded scholarships to attend the college. For the 2019 summer session, recipients include Miranda Eckenrode, Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania, Rex Harper Memorial Forestry Scholarship and the Roger Pyle Fo…
CUMBERLAND — The public is invited to a dedication of the Allegany Museum’s new Arthur and Bernice Friedland Grand Courtroom on Oct. 13 at 3 p.m.
MCHENRY — Garrett College’s associate of applied science degree in paramedic studies — which offers emergency medical professionals the opportunity to earn 30 credits for their national certification — was recently approved by the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Five students given Wolfe scholarships
Health fair Nov. 1 at Mountain Ridge
• Garrett College students whose degrees were conferred in August include Todd E. Harding, Friendsville, summa cum laude, associate of arts and sciences with mathematics/science concentration; Brandi R. Greene, Mountain Lake Park, summa cum laude, associate of arts and sciences with psycholo…
CUMBERLAND — Allegany County Public Schools is seeking business professionals to participate in the 14th annual Focus on the Future Showcase to raise student awareness regarding the importance of academic achievement related to career preparedness.
CUMBERLAND — For the fourth consecutive year, West Side Elementary School has offered a school safety patrol program to fifth-grade students. The 17 new members will patrol the school and help maintain a safe and orderly learning environment.
MCHENRY — The Garrett County commissioners and Garrett College are working to implement a 2.5 GPA as the minimum for students to continue receiving Garrett County Scholarship Program funding.
CRESAPTOWN — Cresaptown Elementary School has implemented an attendance incentive program to encourage all students to strive for regular attendance. Research shows that attending school regularly helps children feel better about school and themselves and reduces the risk of academic failure.
CUMBERLAND — The Maryland Opioid Operation Command Center has provided a prevention and education grant of $443,274 to Allegany College of Maryland for its Tackling the Opioid Epidemic: From Crisis to Opportunity project.
MCHENRY — Nicole Nightengale is confident that Garrett College’s addictions counseling program will meet its dual goals of preparing students for employment in a fast-growing field and addressing a pressing community need.
This Week's Circulars
- Court documents: Man brutally assaulted with sledgehammer; two Garrett County men arrested
- Two seriously injured after being struck by vehicle in LaVale
- Suspected cocaine dealer jailed
- School board member: Surprise superintendent vote 'a slap in the face of this community'
- Cumberland man charged in armed robbery
- Police identify pedestrians hit by vehicle in LaVale
- WCI officer arrested after drugs found in her vehicle
- Maryland AG says Foote's behavior supports judge's finding
- Hogan affirms his support for Trump impeachment inquiry
- School board majority appoints 'one of us' for top job