• The Mid-Atlantic Certified Crop Advisers is offering up to two $1,000 scholarships to college students pursuing a degree in plant sciences, soil science or agronomy. Applicants must be a resident of or attending a college or university in the mid-Atlantic region of Delaware, Maryland, New …
ELLICOTT CITY — The Baltimore Business Journal named Howard County Public School System Superintendent Michael J. Martirano one of its 2020 Leaders in Diversity.
CUMBERLAND — Allegany College of Maryland recruitment staff are available to meet virtually with prospective students on select dates in October through December. Recruiters will discuss programs of study, transfer options, financial aid, scholarships and on-campus housing. The virtual quest…
• The following students graduated from Garrett College in August: Christopher A. Kerr, Friendsville, associate of arts, arts and sciences, mathematics/science concentration; Joseph C. Mousch Jr., Oakland, and Strahinja Ivic, Serbia, sum cum laude, AA in business administration; Felisha L. T…
MCHENRY – An anonymous donor has established the Paul and Pat Weiler Memorial Scholarship through the Garrett College Foundation to provide support for a graduate of either Northern or Southern High School who is enrolled at the college.
• Alexandra Longest, Oakland, graduated magna cum laude from Bucknell University on May 17, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in environmental engineering. She was a member of the Chi Epsilon National Honor Society, Society of Women Engineers, was a Clare Booth Luce research scholar, co…
MCHENRY — When the coronavirus forced colleges and universities online midway through the spring semester, Garrett College was determined to finish.
CUMBERLAND — Fort Hill High School social studies teacher Mark Malone was one of only 98 teachers selected for a National History Day summer professional development program.
MCHENRY — The Garrett College Foundation recently announced the formation of the Dr. Robert W. “Bob” Smith Memorial Scholarship, established by the Smith family. The scholarship provides support for students enrolled in continuing education and workforce development programs at Garrett College.
CUMBERLAND — Beverly Melmed, an instructor of respiratory therapy at Allegany College of Maryland, received the Adjunct Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award during the college’s 2020 awards presentation held during a virtual assembly.
CUMBERLAND — Bishop Walsh School announces the appointment of six new faculty members for its 2020-2021 school year.
SHORT GAP, W.Va. — Frankfort High School held a drive-thru graduation ceremony on July 18.
OAKLAND — Emilia Germain, daughter of Scott and Kristiann Germain of Oakland, was one of 39 high school students who participated in the 31st annual High School Summer Math-Science-Technology Institute, which, for the first time, was conducted in a virtual format.
This Week's Circulars
MOOREFIELD, W.Va. - Carolyn Joyce Wyer died Tuesday, Nov. 24, 2020, in Petersburg, W.Va. Graveside Services at Wyer Family Cemetery Friday, Nov. 27, at 2 p.m. Arrangements by Fraley Funeral Home, Moorefield, W.Va.
- Allegany County reports nine new coronavirus deaths
- Allegany, Garrett report virus deaths
- Police: West Virginia governor threatened over COVID orders
- Troopers to help with pandemic-related compliance efforts
- Country Club Mall sold, but buyer a mystery
- WATCH: Firefighters battle New Hampshire Avenue blaze
- Maryland officials renew Hogan criticism on 500K virus tests
- Friendsville man shot, killed in Preston County
- Frostburg man arrested on assault charges
- Coalition calls for unified response to COVID crisis