MCHENRY — Garrett College mathematics/science student Alex Yoder of Swanton has been selected to participate in the prestigious Bucknell Community College Scholars Program this summer. Yoder will spend six weeks at Bucknell University in preparation to apply for the Bucknell Transfer Schola…
CUMBERLAND — An enhanced transfer agreement among Frostburg State University, Allegany College of Maryland and Garrett College will provide students transferring from the region’s two community colleges to FSU a greater opportunity to succeed.
On Sunday, the Cumberland Historic Cemetery Organization will hold its annual ceremony to honor area American Revolutionary War dead. The event will begin at the 1801 brownstone columns where in 2008 the CHCO installed a plaque to honor Capt. David Lynn. The columns are located in front of t…
OAKLAND — Megan Knepp has been named as principal of Broad Ford Elementary School beginning in the 2021-22 school year effective July 1, according to Barbara Baker, superintendent of Garrett County Public Schools.
The following students received $500 scholarships to the college of their choice from the Allegany County Retired School Personnel. Standing, from the left, are LeeAnn Obrien Riley, Scholarship Committee co-chair; Sarah Chapman, Mountain Ridge High School; Kami Miller, Allegany High, 2020 re…
OAKLAND — Anne Ross has been named as principal of Yough Glades Elementary School beginning in the 2021-22 school year, accordinbg to Barbara Baker, superintendent of Garrett County Public Schools.
This Week's Circulars
- Somerset County man dies after logging accident
- Scenic railroad sweetens excursions
- 'Everything's possible': Ty Johnson relishes opportunity as role model
- Frostburg man accused of assaulting residents, motorists
- Helicopter hoists injured swimmer from Swallow Falls
- GOOD AS GOLD: Johnstown's Bo Bassett pins Russian to win title at Cadet World Wrestling Championships
- ALLEGANY MAGAZINE JULY 2021: Remembering the Man in the "Reflections"
- Grand jury indicts Cumberland man for alleged narcotics distribution
- 'Definite need': Street team offering OD response training
- Local hospital: Data on 'efficacy of the vaccines in preventing transmission' needed before mandatory policy for employees