Students earn Salisbury degrees
MCHENRY — The Garrett College Foundation annually presents scholarships to Garrett College students. Following are the names of scholarship recipients for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The gang got together for yet another fantastic beach adventure this year as our travels took us to three different beaches and we even changed locations this year for the first time in many a moon.
CUMBERLAND — David Wakelyn, founding partner at Union Square Learning, a nonprofit that helps educational organizations develop innovative ideas and achieve better results, recently authored an article highlighting how Allegany County Public Schools are beating the odds in math achievement a…
CUMBERLAND — Northeast Elementary School announces its Principal’s Choice awards for the fourth marking period of the school year.
CUMBERLAND — The Allegany County Board of Education approved the appointment of Richard King as the interim principal at the Center for Career and Technical Education for the 2019-2020 school year.
CUMBERLAND — Fort Hill High School student Carl Eckard took second place in the Senior Individual Performance category at the 2019 Maryland History Day competition held at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
FROSTBURG — The Frostburg State University College of Business has named nationally recognized financial adviser Larry Boggs as 2019 Alumnus of the Year.
CRESAPTOWN — Cresaptown Elementary School has announced its principal’s list for the fourth quarter of the school year.
CUMBERLAND — Allegany College of Maryland has the top ranked online LPN to RN program in the nation, according to RegisteredNursing.org.
This Week's Circulars
ROMNEY, W.Va. - Viola Ansley Combs, 87, of Romney, died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019. Friends will be received at Shaffer Funeral Home, Romney, on Monday, Aug. 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. Services will be conducted in the funeral home Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, at 11 a.m. Visit www.shafferfuneral.com for c…
- LaVale woman charged in liquor store assault
- Series of arson incidents reported in Tri-Towns area, residents cautioned to 'be very vigilant'
- Opioid epidemic saw 37 million doses enter county
- Oakland business property destroyed by fire
- Route 36 bridge project at Mount Savage hits snag
- Salisbury man bilked of $53,000 in phone scam
- WMSR operational audit raises many concerns
- Firm unveils city master plan
- 911 riders passing through Cumberland Friday
- Law firm intends to file civil suit as result of Pristine Pre-Owned Autos case