Leaders with the September 11th National Memorial Trail Alliance, a nonprofit organization planning the development of a 1,300-mile bicycle and pedestrian trail connecting all three 9/11 memorial sites, say they’re pleased that the U.S. Senate passed Senate Resolution 267 unanimously on Wedn…
CUMBERLAND — In a back and forth and back contest, the Boonsboro Warriors prevailed when an Allegany attempt for two points and the lead fell incomplete, as the Warriors topped the Campers in a thriller, 28-27, Friday at Greenway Avenue Stadium, with Conner Yungman scoring the deciding touch…
CUMBERLAND — As much of the United States observed Patriot Day, a national day to honor victims of the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, local emergency communication dispatchers were honored Tuesday in a separate ceremony to highlight the essential role they play in emergency services.
FROSTBURG — American songster Dom Flemons will perform as part of the Cultural Event Series at Frostburg State University as the capstone concert for the 14th annual FSU Appalachian Festival.
CUMBERLAND — Wayne Foote put his own interests above those of other Allegany County Public Schools board members and staff, as well as the general public. That’s part of the finding in a 40-page proposed decision the Cumberland Times-News received on Thursday after filing a Public Informatio…
KEYSER, W.Va. — Keyser City Council and a representative of the Mineral County Historical Foundation discussed Wednesday the possible payment of restitution to the Mineral County Historical Foundation for work on the Alkire Mansion.
This Week's Circulars
OAKLAND - Wilma Edith Pysell died Friday. Viewings at Newman Funeral Homes, P.A., Oakland 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Sunday. Services Monday at 11 a.m.
- Woman arrested twice in same day
- Negro Mountain signs removed
- Union chief: No firm offers for Verso paper mill
- Rawlings man seriously injured in U.S. 220 motorcycle crash
- Judge details reasons for booting Foote off school board
- Loch Lynn remembers school bus accident that claimed 7 lives
- Tractor-trailer overturns on Haystack Mountain
- Test helps longtime smokers detect cancer
- City seeing a rise of black entrepreneurs
- Two killed, two hurt in Route 40 crash