Police lights

OAKLAND — A Bloomington family is homeless following an accidental fire late Saturday afternoon, according to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office.

The 5 p.m. fire at the Greer Gutshell residence at 122 Patterson Ave. originated in the masonry chimney area in the attic of the single-story home. 

An occupant discovered the fire that caused $50,000 to the residence and a loss in contents estimated at $10,000, fire investigators said.

Firefighters needed just 15 minutes to control the fire. Forty firefighters from the Bloomington Volunteer Fire Department and mutual aid companies responded.

Neighbors were reportedly providing assistance to the displaced family.

Smoke detectors were activated by the fire, according to the fire marshal’s office.

React to this story:

0
0
0
0
0

Recommended for you