Church fire causes $3,000 damage

Firefighters exit Good News Assembly of God Church, 525 National Highway in LaVale, on Thursday after extinguishing a fire inside the building.

LAVALE — Fire Thursday afternoon at a LaVale church caused about $3,000 damage, state fire investigators said.

The fire at Good News Assembly of God Church at 500 National Highway started when someone cleaning sprayed disinfectant into a light switch, creating sparks and igniting the fire behind a wall, according to the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

About 30 firefighters needed 10 minutes to control the fire, which started about 1:40 p.m.

React to this story:

0
0
0
3
2