MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — The U.S. Department of Agriculture is investing $253,371 to repair and rehabilitate up to 39 homes for low- and very-low-income households in 22 counties in rural West Virginia.
FROSTBURG — The Frostburg State University Department of Music will present Jacob Dalager and the Parkway Brass in a livestreamed Faculty-Guest Artist Series concert on Oct. 4 at 3 p.m.
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — The Trump administration recently announced that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is investing $1,047,000 to support renewable energy systems as well as energy efficiency improvements in rural West Virginia.
KEYSER, W.Va. — There have been three rabies cases confirmed in animals recently in Mineral County, according to health officials.
CUMBERLAND — Jeannette Brooks Reeves, a native of Keyser, West Virginia, recently made history with her judicial appointment in North Carolina.
KEYSER, W.Va. — The Highland Arts Unlimited Public Arts Committee has selected Luke Urice as the artist to paint a mural on the west side of Solar Mountain Records, 21 Armstrong St.
KEYSER, W.Va. — Students seeking a career in exercise physiology, one of the nation’s fastest growing job opportunities, can now begin their journey at West Virginia University Potomac State College, which has launched a new major in the field, and which can lead directly to professional sch…
CUMBERLAND — The Times-News is participating in the Maryland Writers’ Association’s Writer’s Round Table by running the Notable Maryland Authors series in the newspaper.
You may be one of those gardeners that likes to see something in bloom somewhere in their garden from spring until fall frost. This goal provides landscaping focal points and is a worthwhile endeavor if you want to keep pollinators well feed during the growing season.
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey is reminding consumers to research the tax preparer or agency they will use to prepare their taxes as the July 15 filing deadline approaches.
This Week's Circulars
MOUNT SAVAGE — James Robert "Bob" Carder, 90, of Mount Savage, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, at his home. Adams Family Funeral Home, P.A., 404 Decatur St., Cumberland, is handling arrangements. www.AdamsFamilyFuneralHome.com.
CRESAPTOWN — Walker Edmund Huff, 67, passed Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021. Visitation Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A., Cresaptown, Monday, Aug. 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Funeral follows at 1 p.m. Interment Maryland State Veteran's Cemetery, Rocky Gap.
- Just like old times: State title game a Garrett Co. reunion
- Local nursing homes on 'bottom' list for employee COVID-19 vaccinations
- Snowy winter season predicted by Hagerstown Town and Country Almanack
- School board to discuss COVID-19, employee use of social media
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Fire destroys Westernport Redman Club
- CSX locomotive shop fire quickly doused by Cumberland firefighters
- Somerset County woman dies after being hit by car in Myrtle Beach
- Cumberland man allegedly threatens North End residents with handgun
- Rock N Ribs: Saturday concert benefits food bank
- Keyser woman sentenced on federal drug distribution charge