I take exception to the conclusions reached in Ken Metz’s commentary of June 13, theorizing that the “Civil War” was fought over slavery. It is unreasonable to conclude that Confederates would engage in a costly war to preserve slavery, in a union the Confederacy no longer wished to be part …
He’s 14. It’s summer vacation. He doesn’t care to be outdoors if he can help it, except to walk the dogs and maybe go swimming.
The Letter of the Week from Greg Harvey, president of USW Luke Local 676, “Workers kept mill going through thick and thin,” was selected by the Times-News editorial board as the best letter of those that appeared during the week of June 9-15. It was published June 11.
A couple of weeks ago, I had a letter to the editor published in this newspaper. It said that I was doing a state report on Maryland and asked you to send me some information. (See: “Youngster wants to learn about state and its people,” March 19 Times-News.)
Most generally, stress is an organism’s response to changes in its environment. The four steps to stress are: sense, analyze, decide and respond.
This Week's Circulars
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - A celebration of life for Senior Chief Martin R. "Marty" Kesner II, US Navy Retired of Virginia Beach, and formerly of Fort Ashby, W.Va. who passed away on Thursday, June 20, 2019, will be held on Saturday, June 29th at 1 p.m. at the Ft. Ashby Baptist Church at 58 N Old…
CUMBERLAND - Joseph "Joe" Francis Kelley, 80, of Cumberland, died Tuesday at home. Visitation at Upchurch Funeral Home, P.A., Cumberland, on Monday 4-7 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial, on Tuesday 10 a.m. at SS. Peter & Paul Shrine.
- Correctional officer indicted in prison drug-smuggling case
- Cumberland man charged with killing cat
- Berkeley Springs man convicted of 19 sexual offenses
- Couple charged in alleged dogfighting operation
- Police: Ex-employee helped man steal thousands from casino
- Frostburg woman charged in student assault
- Frostburg to purchase Center Street properties for redevelopment
- Bedford man, Ohio rig driver killed in Pennsylvania crash
- Fratz named assistant coach at Maryland
- Union to honor Luke mill workers