The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech from 1963 is one of the greatest in American history — or, for that matter, world history. As we observe King’s birthday today, we will reprint the second half of that speech, which is just as valid today as it was more than half …
I spring from a family of almost pathologically fanatical over-achievers. My mom’s mom graduated college with a degree in math in the 1910s, which was almost unheard of for a woman back then.
Now that we are have a new year, some questions naturally arise. Why does the week start with Monday and end with Sunday? Why seven days in a week? Why is the year divided into 12 months? Why do we use Roman months that go back nearly 3,000 years?
This Week's Circulars
CUMBERLAND - Earl Bud Fultz died Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020, at Western Maryland Regional Medical Center. Visitation Upchurch Funeral Home, P.A, Jan. 29 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 7:30 p.m. Funeral services at 7:30 p.m.
KEYSER, W.Va. - Betty Jane Judy, 86, died Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020. Visitation at Markwood Funeral Home, Monday, Jan. 27, 2020, from 11a.m. - 1p.m. Funeral services following at 1p.m. Condolences left after Betty's obituary at www.markwoodfuneralhome.com.
- Gate blocks access to Finzel Swamp
- Cumberland woman charged in Maryland Avenue burglary
- UPDATE: Westernport man in custody after Garrett chase
- W.Va. lawmakers want convention to revise U.S. Constitution
- Bobcat population increasing in Western Maryland
- Cumberland woman convicted in medical records case
- Mullaney wants to avoid 'bland' Baltimore St. bridge
- West Virginia anglers catch record fish
- NBCI officer stabbed by inmate who slipped hand restraints
- Police: Man stole nearly $200,000 from local business