I recently passed a milestone in my personal history; I celebrated 70 years of living on this planet (my 685 years of living on some of the other planets don’t count, especially the years on Pluto, now disgraced and relegated to Disneyland for all eternity!).
On a recent visit to Mount Savage, my dad’s hometown, I was extremely impressed with the beautification efforts put forth by this community.
One only has to scan through the Slice of Life section of the Times-News each Friday to recognize that there is a great deal of local musical talent in our Tri-State region.
While visiting the Cumberland area from our home in Florida, we stopped by Greenmount Cemetery, which has a lot of my relatives (along with my husband’s) interred there.
With summer winding down, Maryland families soon will begin to trade the relaxation of Ocean City beach and Deep Creek Lake weekends for the rush of back-to-school shopping.
This Week's Circulars
ROMNEY, W.Va. - Viola Ansley Combs, 87, of Romney, died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019. Friends will be received at Shaffer Funeral Home, Romney, on Monday, Aug. 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. Services will be conducted in the funeral home Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, at 11 a.m. Visit www.shafferfuneral.com for c…
- LaVale woman charged in liquor store assault
- Series of arson incidents reported in Tri-Towns area, residents cautioned to 'be very vigilant'
- Opioid epidemic saw 37 million doses enter county
- Oakland business property destroyed by fire
- Route 36 bridge project at Mount Savage hits snag
- Salisbury man bilked of $53,000 in phone scam
- WMSR operational audit raises many concerns
- Firm unveils city master plan
- 911 riders passing through Cumberland Friday
- Law firm intends to file civil suit as result of Pristine Pre-Owned Autos case