I’m happy to see that some of our city streets are finally starting to be repaired and fixed but I’m still concerned that there still are more streets that need to be repaired in the North End.
I have not been involved in the Dan’s Mountain Wind Farm proposal, but I felt compelled to respond to the headline in the Nov. 9, Times-News: “Officials rail against ‘false accusations’” (Page 1A.)
Being a school bus driver for almost 40 years, the article in the Times-News on Nov. 6 struck a very familiar chord about the violent behavior of students. (See: “ACPS concerned about violent behavior among students,” Nov. 6 Times-News, Page 1A.)
After reading Jeffrey Davis’s diatribe of accusations against President Donald Trump, I felt it necessary to correct his comments. (See “Where is the outrage about Trump?” Nov. 6 Times-News.
When we asked some truck drivers what could be done to reduce the number of big-rig accidents that occur on our local stretch of Interstate 68, several said enforcement of speed limits is the answer. (See: “A case of ‘driver error,’” and “Driving instructor,” Sept. 3 Times-News, Page 1A.)
Okay, what’s the deal with bed sheets? I know, I seem to have an obsession with beds, if my previous columns are any evidence, perhaps because sleeping is not one of my best things.
At a May 2016 campaign rally in Charleston, West Virginia, Donald Trump, the presumed GOP nominee for president, told the faithful: “If I win, we’re going to bring those miners back. You’re going to be so proud of your president. For those miners, get ready, because you’re going to be working your asses off.”
This Week's Circulars
HYNDMAN, Pa. - Mary Ann Topper, 79, died Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019. Memorial service Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019, at 2 p.m. First United Methodist Church, Hyndman. Full obituary in Saturday's newspaper. www.ZeiglerFuneralHome. com.
WILEY FORD, W.Va. - Carter William Chase, beloved son of Ryan and Lyndsie (Lee) Chase, went to be with his Heavenly Father on Nov. 1, 2019. In addition to his parents, he is also survived by his grandparents, Kevin and Christine Chase, Barb Lee and David Winebrenner, and David and Dawn Lee; …
- Armed couple arrested at LaVale Walmart
- Extended stop sign arm installed on school bus eliminates passing
- Four correctional officers hurt in WCI incident
- Snow emergency plan activated in Allegany County
- Mineral couple win 2019 W.Va. Farm of the Year award
- Westernport man jailed for allegedly selling heroin, meth
- Runways and Rescues fashion show to benefit homeless dogs and cats
- ALLEGANY MAGAZINE: SPECIAL FOOD AND DRINK EDITION Inside Allegania’s Kitchen “We actually know the people who picked that pepper you are eating.”
- Cumberland woman arrested at hospital
- Cumberland man jailed on heroin possession charge