There is an excellent article in the Sept. 9 edition of the Times-News that I would wish that everyone would read to better understand the issue of second trimester abortion. (See: “Share of women seeking out-of-state abortions up slightly in recent years,” Page 2A.)
My daughter and I often meet at Constitution Park for lunch during the spring, summer and fall. We enjoy the peace and quiet as well as the beautiful nature surrounding us.
Because of the potential stigma, many people suffering from pain do not share their experiences.
The full-scale, Chesapeake & Ohio Canal boat replica, The Cumberland, is in need of repairs as a result of wear and tear from time and exposure to the elements.
This Week's Circulars
OAKLAND - Rudy Cvetnick, 90, of Oakland, passed away on Tuesday, Sept. 17, 2019. Friends will be received at the C&S Fredlock Funeral Home, P.A., 21 N. 2nd St., Oakland, on Thursday, Sept. 19 from 3 to 7 p.m. A funeral service will be held in the funeral home on Friday, Sept. 20 at 11 a.…
CARPENDALE, W.Va. - Charles C. Hoffmaster, 94, of Carpendale, died Wednesday at The Country House. Visitation at Upchurch Funeral Home, P.A., Cumberland, on Sunday from 6-8 p.m.; service at the funeral home on Monday at 11 a.m.
CUMBERLAND - Elden Lowell Mowery, 87, died Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019. In accordance with his wishes, all services will be privately held at the Maryland State Veterans Cemetery, Rocky Gap. Arrangements entrusted to Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A.
- Woman arrested twice in same day
- Springfield motorcyclist killed, wife seriously injured in Mineral County crash
- Cumberland man jailed on sex offense charge
- Tractor-trailer overturns on Haystack Mountain
- State responds to Megan Shaffer appeal
- Begin mandatory military service
- Judge details reasons for booting Foote off school board
- Negro Mountain signs removed
- 'Big Savage' podcast expected to exceed quarter-million streams by end of year
- Rawlings man seriously injured in U.S. 220 motorcycle crash