The Allegany County Health Department’s Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program (BCCP) has recently been named by the Maryland Department of Health as the Western Maryland “Hub” county for breast and cervical cancer services.
THis means that we can now provide women in Garrett, Washington and Allegany counties with assistance to get their clinical breast exam, mammogram and Pap test.
We are working with health care providers in Garrett and Washington counties so that women can continue to see their local healthcare provider in their home county without having to travel, and our program will assist with payment for these services.
To qualify for payment assistance, the following program eligibility must be met:
• Must be a Maryland resident.
• Must meet income guidelines.
• Must be uninsured (If you have health insurance, your insurance should cover your mammogram and Pap test. If it does not, please call us as we may be able to help you).
• Must be age 40 or older to receive assistance with breast cancer screening (mammogram).
• Must be age 21 or older to receive assistance with cervical cancer screening (Pap test and/or HPV test).
Call us today at 301-759-5083 with any questions and to find out if you qualify for the program.
Allegany County Health Department