Most people’s medicine cabinets contain a wide variety of over-the-counter remedies for headaches, heartburn and myriad other troublesome conditions. Too often, however, little amber plastic bottles containing medicine prescribed by a physician for a patient also are left sitting among them …
Most public school students learn in history class about archetypal turncoat Benedict Arnold, the military officer who fought with the American Continental Army during the Revolutionary War but later joined the British side in the transatlantic struggle for independence.
During Tuesday’s meeting of the Mineral County Board of Education, three parents shared with the body their fears about the harm that would befall their children if transgender kids were permitted to use the bathroom corresponding with their gender identity alongside the cisgender youth.
Modern-day patriots, those citizens who are true to American values and the nation’s original, sweeping promise of freedom for all its inhabitants, have no desire to see statues of military leaders who led armies against the United States towering over public squares and thoroughfares. That …
This Week's Circulars
GRANTSVILLE — Roger D. Mealey, 72, of Grantsville, died Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021, at Garrett Regional Medical Center, Oakland. Born April 16, 1949, in Bridgeport, W.Va., he was the son of the late Robert Hill and Juanita Belle (Edmond) Mealey. She was also preceded in death by one son, Jason M…
- Authorities: Killing of Oakland man an act of retribution
- UPS truck travels over embankment, driver injured
- Tedd Eirich to return as Allegany boys basketball head coach
- UPDATE: Police say missing couple found
- Suspicious vehicle call leads to drug arrest
- Man killed in gunfire exchange with troopers in Bedford County
- Scary good times anticipated at Ghouley Hooley Plunge
- City receiving interest for 19 Frederick St.
- Grant, Hardy residents indicted on federal charges
- Cumberland man charged in officer assault