It was 31 years ago Monday when then President George H.W. Bush signed the landmark Americans with Disabilities Act into law, which had first been drafted by Republicans and Democrats in the Senate and House in 1988. Of the 665 enacted laws by the 101st United States Congress, the ADA is one…
It’s 2021 yet there are counties in West Virginia where sewage is not collected by a municipal water and sewer system, but flows into nearby creeks and streams.
Working in a newsroom, it was easy for members of the Times-News editorial staff to relate to what happened in Annapolis on June 28, 2018. The horror of what transpired that day will stick with journalists for years to come, probably for the rest of their lives, it hit that close to home.
Most neighborhoods in Cumberland suffer some degree of urban blight, often in the form of vacant, dilapidated homes and overgrown lots. In many cases, the eyesores have been spoiling the view for a long time, prompting complaints to city leaders who frequently find their hands legally tied.
This Week's Circulars
MOUNT SAVAGE — James Robert "Bob" Carder, 90, of Mount Savage, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021, at his home. Adams Family Funeral Home, P.A., 404 Decatur St., Cumberland, is handling arrangements. www.AdamsFamilyFuneralHome.com.
CRESAPTOWN — Walker Edmund Huff, 67, passed Tuesday, Aug. 3, 2021. Visitation Scarpelli Funeral Home, P.A., Cresaptown, Monday, Aug. 9, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Funeral follows at 1 p.m. Interment Maryland State Veteran's Cemetery, Rocky Gap.
- Just like old times: State title game a Garrett Co. reunion
- Local nursing homes on 'bottom' list for employee COVID-19 vaccinations
- Snowy winter season predicted by Hagerstown Town and Country Almanack
- School board to discuss COVID-19, employee use of social media
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Fire destroys Westernport Redman Club
- CSX locomotive shop fire quickly doused by Cumberland firefighters
- Somerset County woman dies after being hit by car in Myrtle Beach
- Cumberland man allegedly threatens North End residents with handgun
- Rock N Ribs: Saturday concert benefits food bank
- Keyser woman sentenced on federal drug distribution charge