OAKLAND — Southern Garrett High School head wrestling coach Dave Taylor will be inducted in the Maryland Chapter of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Oct. 6 in Annapolis. Taylor is among five inductees selected to join the hall of fame in its 2019 class, an honor for coach…
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees' season-long dominance of the Baltimore Orioles ended with Gary Sanchez and Gleyber Torres being linked to Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth.
NEW YORK (AP) — Major League Baseball will open its 2020 season March 26, its earliest start other than international games. The schedule also features a late April series in Puerto Rico between the New York Mets and Miami Marlins.
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) — New coach Neal Brown has a tall task as he tries to prevent West Virginia's perennially prolific offense from turning pathetic.
While the only reason in the world many of us here would even be watching the preseason opener of the Detroit Lions was a pretty darn good reason — Cumberland’s Ty Johnson — it initially came as a surprise that Fox channel 2 in Detroit would lead off its pregame show with a feature about the…
CUMBERLAND — The Allegany Campers, who rolled through the regular season with a 15-game winning streak, placed a trio of players on the All-Area softball team, selected recently by a vote of head coaches.
This Week's Circulars
ROMNEY, W.Va. - Viola Ansley Combs, 87, of Romney, died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2019. Friends will be received at Shaffer Funeral Home, Romney, on Monday, Aug. 19, from 6 to 8 p.m. Services will be conducted in the funeral home Tuesday, Aug. 20, 2019, at 11 a.m. Visit www.shafferfuneral.com for c…
- LaVale woman charged in liquor store assault
- Series of arson incidents reported in Tri-Towns area, residents cautioned to 'be very vigilant'
- Opioid epidemic saw 37 million doses enter county
- Oakland business property destroyed by fire
- Route 36 bridge project at Mount Savage hits snag
- Salisbury man bilked of $53,000 in phone scam
- WMSR operational audit raises many concerns
- Firm unveils city master plan
- 911 riders passing through Cumberland Friday
- Law firm intends to file civil suit as result of Pristine Pre-Owned Autos case