Monday was a good day — one of the very rare good days of this Baltimore Orioles season in rebuild — as the club announced they had signed Oregon State catcher Adley Rutschman, the No. 1 pick in this month’s amateur draft, while it was also reported that an agreement with Alabama high school…
FROSTBURG — Mountain Ridge defensive tackle Tre Smith received an offer to play college football from the University of Maryland over the weekend, the Terrapins joining an ever-growing list for the senior-to-be Miner who was first-team Times-News All-Area last season as a junior.
POTOMAC PARK — Bryce Snyder’s two-run double snapped a tie game and Frostburg Legion, down 2-0 after 5 1/2 innings, stormed back with seven runs in the final two innings to defeat the Cresaptown Eagles 7-2, in Hot Stove League baseball Wednesday night at Memorial Field.
BEDFORD, Pa. — The Bedford County Sports Hall of Fame will induct its 2019 class on Saturday at the Everett Area High School auditorium.
CUMBERLAND – David Winner, a former Player of the Year and All-Area first-teamer who helped Valley High School to a pair of basketball state championships, has been named the head varsity girls coach for Bishop Walsh Spartan Basketball, according to BW Principal Ray Kiddy.
NEW YORK (AP) — Zion Williamson plays with force and ferocity, a Hulk in hightops who looks as though he'd never show a soft side.
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — After newcomer Tyler Boyd scored early in the second half to give the United States a two-goal lead, the sure sign this was going to be a good night for the Americans was visible on Gyasi Zardes' face.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Christin Stewart's sped his thinking up and slowed down his feet, helping the Detroit Tigers end a four-game losing streak in the process.
This Week's Circulars
- Correctional officer indicted in prison drug-smuggling case
- Cumberland man charged with killing cat
- Berkeley Springs man convicted of 19 sexual offenses
- Grantsville woman indicted on felony theft scheme charges
- Police: Ex-employee helped man steal thousands from casino
- Couple charged in alleged dogfighting operation
- Frostburg woman charged in student assault
- Bedford man, Ohio rig driver killed in Pennsylvania crash
- Fratz named assistant coach at Maryland
- Two hurt in home invasion